Somali Disability Empowerment Network (SODEN)
Job: Communication officer
Salary: voluntary base
Duration: 6 Months effective from May 2020
SODEN is currently looking for an exciting Communications Officer in voluntary based, this is a fantastic opportunity to own your own capacity whilst learning from a wider team. You will get the opportunity to talk to national and international newspapers and quickly progress your career.
SODEN is looking for an energetic, disability rights passionate, individual with proven experience of working within public relations to plan and deliver communications activities, with support from more senior staff.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing incoming media enquiries and acting as a press officer.
- Drafting and disseminating of press releases, as well as maintaining press lists and media coverage files.
- Preparing and contributing to case studies, speeches.
- Writing articles and reports
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working within public relations.
- Demonstrate creative writing skills to draft press releases, statements and blogs, website copy and social media messaging.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previously worked in a communications team.
- Ability to accurately summarize and convey complex information to a diverse audience
- Good understanding of how to evaluate different communications techniques
- Experience of developing and delivering communications plans for a range of projects
The candidate should possess at least a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in Communications at a respected social impact, government or international development organization.
Please get in touch for more details, by emailing your CV to email@example.com .
The closing date for applications is Thursday 30th April 2020, so please get in touch now, to avoid disappointment.
Looking forward to hearing from you.